Monday 27 May 2013

You, Me, and Chel-C

Well, I’ve been on earth for around 17 years, and I must say, they've been amazing. My life is filled with a wonderful support system of family, friends and coworkers. I was born in Penticton on October 27th 1995 at 3pm, and I’ve been stuck here ever since! My childhood was pretty relaxed, I have no siblings so I spent most of my time doing things by myself (I was, a still am very independent). My parents divorced when I was two, and my mom met my step dad when I was 5, and they are still happily married to this day. My real dad lives in Ireland (along with most of my family) so I don’t ever see or talk to him. My life from age 5-15 was pretty boring, nothing interesting really happened, I broke a few bones, but other than that I spent my days doing homework or sleeping. When I was 15, I got my first job at Skaha Pharmacy. I work with amazing people and I love learning new things every week. From a young age, I always knew I wanted to join a career in criminology, from the tender age of 4; I stayed up far past my bed time watching the X files, CSI, Criminal Minds, and multiple documentaries on the topic. Last year, I took interest in a show called Border Security: Canada’s Front Line, which follows border security officers on the job. After watching the first episode, I looked into the career, and it seemed perfect. Next year I am going to college and getting my diploma in Social and Criminal Justice. From there, I go off to training and can become a BSO. The best day of my life was on Saint Patrick’s Day last year. My parents were driving home late the night before and this little black puppy with no tags runs out in front on their car. They immediately stop and she jumps in the car (and pees on my mom). The next day, we send out notification all over town, we called the pound and the SPCA, but no luck. By this time, we had already fallen in love with her and we named her Patti. There’s been ups and downs during my seventeen years, but I live an amazing life and I am blessed to be so fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment